Welcome to Lyme Out Loud Kids Canada
Lyme Out Loud Kids Canada was formed out of a concern over the growing number of children in Canada becoming infected with Lyme disease and the challenges families face in getting a proper diagnosis and treatment.
More to Come
- Every child should have the right to play and enjoy the outdoors without the threat or fear of becoming extremely ill from an insect.
- Because a child’s quality of life is precious.
- Families should never have to worry about how they will afford paying for medical costs that may not be covered by Ontario Health Insurance Program.
- Parents and Caregivers should not have to risk their financial security or go into extensive financial debt in order to keep their child healthy.
- Youth and young adults just starting out should not have to postpone schooling or lose invaluable educational opportunities due to this illness.
- Because as an infectious disease that so greatly impacts children and youth which is growing at alarming rates, Lyme disease needs to have more funding and awareness in Canada.
Our Mission & Vision:
- Our Mission is to protect children and youth and their of life quality of life, now and for the future.
- Our mission is to provide grants to enable eligible children and young adults with Lyme disease to receive proper treatment and medication as well as raising awareness about Lyme disease.
- Existing Canadian Lyme charities and non-profits mainly focus on funding research and awareness. Lyme Out Loud Kids Canada is uniquely dedicated to funding medical treatment for individuals with Lyme and raising awareness within the youth community.
- Our Vision is that within the next 5-10 years, Canadians will have an understanding of what Lyme disease is and how to prevent it while continuing to enjoy the interconnection with nature.
- Our Hope is that Lyme disease will be recognized throughout Canada in all avenues of education, the medical community and our government.